Friday, September 12, 2008

old winterfell memories




As I mentioned in one of my previous posts the rate of changes in SL is very fast, weeks feel like months and months feel like years. Familiar landscapes, if not full sims, can be gone in the space of hours.

This is very true also for my home region of Winterfell, where many changes have taken place, expecially, but not limited to, the village in the original Winterfell sim.

A few days ago I was looking at old images I have taken over the months and I started to play a bit with GIMP, using the old photo filter. I did like the effect: it gave a nice feeling of the passing of time, expecially those images displaying places that have gone.

After a while I began to think that a few of those images, and mostly the no longer exitings views, were worth being displayed, so I though it was a good idea to organize an exhibit.

Hence, starting from next Sunday, September 14, and for the two following weeks these images will be on display in my Bright Star Gallery in Winterfell Laudanum.

The pictures will free to copy together with a thinC catalog of the images. Should anybody like them the original textures will be available from me.

I hope others will like the images in the same way I like them :)

So long

W


5 comments:

Serra Anansi said...

Oh Wildstar, you are ever a source of happiness for me, always, and often with out knowing... you bring a smile to my sad elf face. Thank you my friend. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Will the images be on your Flickr account as well? You can save them all as a set, and date the folder. Over time, you can add all your various dated sets you produce as a Winterfell collection within your Flickr account. That would be cool! And is there a way to add it to the Winterfell Ning network? (not very familiar with that, so I don't know).

I like the use of the sepia filter to age the images. Very creative!

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea! :)

AuroraSkye said...

Oh how neat, Wild!!! What a great idea!!!! I always love your images!!!! I will look forward to the exhibit!!!!

Whoooo Hoooooo!

Hugsss!!

Wildstar Beaumont said...

Cami:

they will be on flick with all the nice hierarchy of sets you suggest eventually. I want to give the gallery the exclusive for a few days though :)